8. Inspection Procedures. N/A.
9. Installation Procedures. The following procedures contain instructions for the replacement of both main
landing gear structural supports on the AH-64A helicopter.
Ensure that a foreign object damage (FOD) prevention program is
implemented during application of this TB in accordance with AR 385-95,
To prevent damage or loss, items removed to gain access to work areas shall be
tagged for identification and protected from damage before reinstallation.
Retain all attaching hardware unless otherwise directed.
(1) Prepare helicopter for safe ground maintenance (TM 1-1520-238-23).
(2) If installed, remove safety bolt and nut from shock strut structural supports (TM 1-1520-238-23).
(3) Remove both left and right main landing gear shock strut structural supports (TM 1-1520-238-23).
(4) Retain hardware for reinstallation.
(1) Install two new [P/N 7-311113709-1 (LH) and P/N 7-311113709-2 (RH)] shock strut structural
supports, from modification kit. See Figure 1.
(a) Install new structural support on aircraft per TM 1-1520-238-23 using existing hardware except
replace two removed bolts (P/N HS5482-8-24 or HS4440-09-24) per side with new bolts (P/N
HS5482-9-26) from modification kit.
(2) Install new airframe studs (P/N HS5876-01 and HS5976-02) from modification kit in both structural
supports. Airframe stud HS5976-02 is two way interchangeable with airframe stud 7-111210218.
(a) Using new washer (P/N HS5975-02) as a guide, with chamered side toward mount, install new
studs in main landing gear structural support using sealing compound, MIL-S-22473, Grade T.
If MWO 1-1520-238-50-51 has been previously complied with step (3), trimming
of main landing gear fuselage fairings will not be required.
(3) Trim both main landing gear fuselage fairings [P/N 7-311113381-1 (LH) and P/N 7-311113381-2)
(a) Using new washer (P/N HS5975-02) from modification kit installed on structural support as a
template, trim fuselage fairings to ensure sufficient clearance around HS5975-02 washer. Apply
adhesive P/N EA9313 to trimmed edges. See Figure 4.
(4) Install both trimmed fairings using removed hardware (TM 1-1520-238-23).