(3) Select option three (3).
(4) Select the number next to the T53N2 script file.
(5) After the file loads and the selection screen appears, press "QUIT" to return to the boot up
menu. Remove memory card and press "One" to proceed with normal AVA operation.
If adapter mount (P/N LTCT535) is not available, units may fabricate the
adapter using the drawing supplied with the AVA Memory Card, The
adapter mount must meet the specifications of the drawing.
e. Modify adapter mount (P/N LTCT535) from Spectrum Analyzer Kit (NSN 6625-00-590-6502)
(1) Drill hole 0.213 inch (#3) in top-center of adapter.
(2) Tap hole for threads 1/4 x 28 UNF.
(3) InstaIl accelerometer (NSN 6680-01-326-1913) from AVA Test Set into top of modified
AVA Test Set installation.
(1) Secure Data Acquisition Unit (DAU) in aircraft with canvas straps and "D" rings.
(2) Remove the assembly from one of the pilot's console lights. Remove the bulb. Plug
the AH-1 power cable adapter (29317100) lamp socket. Ensure that the lamp is set to full intensity
(3) Connect the grounding clip to a screw head or any non-painted metal surface, which will
provide an adequate path to aircraft ground.
(4) Connect power cable to the DAU receptacle marked 28vDC.
(5) Locate Control and Display Unit (CADU) in aircraft and connect CADU to DAU cable
Ensure adequate clearance between end of accelerometer threads and
(6) Attach adapter and accelerometer assembly to upper-forward engine lifting eye, utilizing
hardware supplied in the Spectrum Analyzer Kit. There should be a bolt, washers, lock washer and nut in
that kit to secure the bracket to the lifting eye. Reference TM 55-2840-229-23-1, pages 1-214 and 1-215.
If the hardware is not available the following is a list of parts required:
Bolt, Machine, Aircraft
1/2-20 UNF-3AX2, 15/32 LG
Washer, Lock, Spring
Nut, Plain, Airframe, 1/2-20