Word of Day (MWOD) loading. The TOD provides syn-
chronization necessary for communicating in the anti
jamming mode by allowing frequency hopping at the
same instant in time.
The RT1518 HQ II radio (fig. 3-6) provides an analog dis-
play (Red Lt) for channel and frequency indicators, and
functions/operates similar to the RT1167C/ARC164 ra-
dio described in paragraph 3.7 with seven additional fea-
tures. Refer to table 3-4 for radio controls and functions.
The additional features are:
(1) Verify/Operate mode
(2) Manual Single WOD Loading
(3) Multiple WOD Manual Loading
(4) Manual WOD Erase
(5) Operational Date Loading
(6) Training/Maintenance Nets
(7) Loading/Changing FMT NETS
The HQ II Expanded Memory Board (EMB) capability is
identified on the RT1518 radio by an EMB sticker which
appears next to the channel indicator display. If no sticker
is displayed, the Multiple Word of Day (MWOD) must be
entered to verify the HQ II radio capability.
3.7A.1 Antenna. The UHF-AM antenna (fig 3-1) is lo-
cated on the bottom center fuselage area and is mounted
directly aft of the doppler fairing.
3.7A.2 Controls and Functions.
Controls for the
RT1518/ARC-164 are on the front panel of the unit (fig
3-6). The function of each control is described in table 3-4.
The AN/ARC164 radio must be placed in
the VERIFY/OPERATE mode before oper-
ating in the Have Quick mode. This will
prevent the radio from locking up and
damaging the equipment.
3.7A.3 Modes of Operation.
1. Mode Selector switch MAIN or BOTH
2. CHAN switch Set to channel 20.
3. Frequency switches Set to 220.000 on the fre-
4. Function Selector switch PRESET.
5. Lift access cover and press PRESET button.
The radio is now in the VERIFY/OPERATE
6. Function Selector switch MANUAL or PRE-
7. Select desired frequency or channel.
8. Mode Selector switch OFF.
(BEHIND HINGED COVER)
Receiver-Transmitter Radio, RT-1518/ARC-164