If an error occurs during any entry se-
quence, pressing the CLR button will
erase the display and start the sequence
Pressing the TIME button repeatedly will
cause the display field to change as de-
2. TIME button Press. Days are displayed.
3. CLR button Press. Display shows all bottom
4. Keyboard Enter new days digits.
5. Sto ENT button Press. Display blinks momen-
6. TIME button Press. Hours and minutes are
7. CLR button Press. Display shows all bottom
When hours and minutes are entered, and
the Sto ENT button is pressed, minutes and
seconds are displayed with seconds zeroed
and new time started. This is to accommo-
date presetting and display of time prior to a
8. Keyboard Enter new hours and minutes.
9. Sto ENT button Press. Display blinks momen-
f. Loading ECCM Net Parameters and Lockout
1. MODE switch LD or LD-V.
2. Connect fill device to the FILL connector.
3. HoLD button Press.
g. Continous Self Test.
The tests will be continually repeated until
terminated by changing the FUNCTION
1. FUNCTION switch TEST. Display shows E. Af-
ter 3 seconds display changes to all 8s.
2. After 3 seconds, display indicates GOOD or
FAIL followed by a number to indicate the failed
component as follows:
a. 1 indicates failure of the transceiver.
b. 3 indicates failure of the ECCM module.
c. 7 indicates failure of interface to the trans-
d. 8 indicates internal failure of control panel.
h. Other Continous Tests.
The following tests are performed in any op-
erational mode on a continuous basis with
the results of the test either audible or vis-
(1) Voltage Standing Wave Ratio (VSWR)
This test is performed each time the transmitter is
keyed and during the transmission. If VSWR exceeds 5 to
1, the audio sidetone will be inhibited.
(2) Secure Mode Test.
This test is performed
each time the transmitter is keyed if a TSEC/KY-58 is
installed. A short beep indicates the TSEC/KY-58 is oper-
ating properly. A continuous tone indicates a faulty TSEC/
(3) ECCM Test.
When the PRESET switch is
changed while operating in a (FH) mode, the fill data is ex-
amined and either FXXX, if a valid hopset has been
loaded, or FILLn, if no hopset or an invalid hopset has
been loaded, will be displayed. A built-in-test (BIT) is also
run on the non-volatile random-access memory with the
FUNCTION switch in the ZA position.