a. Display Check.
1. BRT Rotate control fully clockwise. Observe
2. BRT Adjust control for best visibility of display.
b. DNS Power On.
1. ADMIN Press. Observe that the ADMIN Page
2. PWR OFF Press. Observe PWR OFF
changes to PWR ON for three seconds then
CDU display changes to NAV top level present
If PWR OFF changes to PWR or the
NAV top level present position page is
not displayed after approximately three
seconds, the DNS has failed.
If the RAM battery has failed, all naviga-
tion data in the SDCC memory is lost and
the following prompts are automatically
displayed on the FDLS page (fig 3-22).
DNS RAM ERASED
DNS IN REMEMBERED VEL
END OF LIST
c. FDLS Test.
1. FDLS Press. Observe that the Continuous
Test Results FDLS Page is displayed, as
shown in figure 3-20.
2. TEST Press. Observe that NAV SYS TEST IN
PROG is displayed until the test is complete and
data is available for DNS test status.
3. If a GO message is displayed (fig 3-21), press
the NAV FAB.
The heading, pitch and roll values are calcu-
lated and displayed approximately five sec-
onds after the GO message.
NAV SYS TEST IN PROG
FDLS Test in Progress (Normal Mode)
CDU / DNS GO
END OF LIST
FDLS Status Page On Command
Test Results GO
d. Selecting MODE UTM or L/L and DSPL KM or
If the operator desires to switch between MODE
UTM and MODE L/L or DSPL KM and DSPL KTS, per-
form the following:
1. ADMIN Press. Observe that the ADMIN page
2. MODE UTM Press to change to MODE L/L or
3. DSPL KM Press to change to DSPL KTS or
e. Coordinate Entries for FPLN dictionary.
1. FPLN FAB Press. Observe that FPLN dictio-
nary page is displayed.