2. Use up and down arrow keys to scroll to FPLN
dictionary page 1 (locations H, 1 and 2).
3. Use the keyboard to enter H coordinate data into
4. Press left hand VAB of desired storage location
(H). Observe that the scratchpad is now blank
and the entered data now appears on lines 1and
2 (H location) of CDU display.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4, entering data and press-
ing appropriate VAB for each waypoint to be en-
tered. Use Down and Up arrow keys to scroll
through FPLN dictionary pages as desired.
6. NAV FAB Press to display the NAV top level
page or allow time out to automatically revert to
NAV top level page.
f. Coordinate Entries for PPOS.
tries for PPOS data (including magnetic variation and
spheroid) may be entered by two different methods.
(1). Method 1 Manual Keyboard Entry.
1. Use the keyboard to enter coordinate data into
2. VAB 1 Press. Observe that the coordinate data
now appears on lines 1and 2 of NAV top level
(2). Method 2 Updating to a Stored Waypoint.
1. Enter the number of the stored waypoint into the
2. FLY TO Press. Observe that waypoint number
now appears after FLY TO
b. Press top right VAB. Observe that FLY TO
changes to UPDATE TO.
The procedure can be aborted by pressing
top right VAB.
d. FLY TO Press. Observe that the present
position coordinate data is now updated to
that of the stores waypoint.
3.15.5 Operating Procedures.
When first powered up
the DNS is in navigation mode. Most functions and modes
of operation are accessed via the NAV top level present
position page. Exceptions are the On Command Test and
FPLN dictionary Pages.
1. ADMIN Press. Observe that the ADMIN page
2. PWR OFF Press. Observe PWR OFF
changes to PWR ON and CDU display changes
to NAV top level present position page after 3
If PWR OFF changes to PWR or the
NAV top level present position page is not
displayed after approximately three sec-
onds, the DNS has failed.
If FDLS Status Page (fig 3-22) is displayed, the RAM bat-
tery has failed. The DNS RAM battery test is only per-
formed at PWR ON. The On Command FDLS test can be
initiated from this page by pressing TEST. Refer to On
Command Test (FDLS) part of this paragraph for detailed
DNS RAM ERASED
DNS IN REMEMBERED VEL
END OF LIST
FDLS Page Continuous Test Results