4.31.4 TADS Operational Checks - CPG.
The FLIR zoom FOV shall not be acti-
vated for more than 2 minutes of contin-
uous operation to prevent excessive ras-
ter retention. Permanent damage may
occur if it is engaged for more than 5
1. TADS switch TADS or FLIR OFF (Announce
2. SIGHT SEL switch TADS.
3. ACQ SEL switch FXD.
4. GS switch Press.
5. Heads-up and heads-down displays. Adjust
brightness and contrast as desired.
6. VID SEL switch TADS.
7. Sensor select switch TV.
8. SLAVE pushbutton Press. Turret should return
to manual track.
9. Thumbforce controller Exercise turret.
10. Field-of-view select switch Evaluate various
11. IAT/MAN pushbutton Engage image auto
tracker and check for proper function.
12. Sensor select switch DVO.
13. Field-of-view select switch Evaluate various
FOVs. If scene is not vertical in both FOVs, per-
form Pechan Alignment, paragraph 4.31.5.
14. Sensor select switch FLIR.
15. Adjust gain and level for optimum image, then
engage ACM, as desired.
16. Field-of-view select switch Evaluate various
17. IAT/MAN pushbutton Engage image auto
tracker and check for proper performance.
18. Polarity reversal Check, leave in white hot.
19. Sensor select switch TV or FLIR.
20. Drift null If Auto Drift Null does not reduce drift
to desired level, perform Manual Servo Drift
Null, paragraph 4.31.6.
4.31.5 TADS Pechan Alignment.
This procedure aligns the voltages used to
erect the Pechan (DVO) lens. It should be
used in order to make the scene appear up-
right when viewing through the DVO.
Should alignment be unsuccessful, refer to
1. Sensor select switch DVO.
2. Field-of-view select switch N.
3. TADS turret Manual control.
4. BRSIT ENABLE switch UP.
5. Left thumbwheel control Adjust as required to
align horizontal crosshair with horizon.
6. BRSIT ENABLE switch CENTER.
7. Field-of-view select switch W.
8. Recheck alignment of crosshair and horizon.
a. If satisfactorily aligned procedure is com-
plete. Select desired operating mode.
b. If not satisfactorily aligned:
(1) BRSIT ENABLE switch UP.
(2) Adjust right thumbwheel control as re-
quired to align horizontal crosshair with
(3) BRSIT ENABLE switch CENTER.
(4) Field-of-view select switch N.
(5) Reverify alignment of NFOV. If satisfac-
tory, procedure is complete. If unsatis-
factory, repeat steps 4 thru 8 above as
required. If still unsatisfactory, see note