4.33 ARMAMENT INFLIGHT PROCEDURES.
4.33.1 30mm Gun System.
If 300 or more rounds have been fired in
the preceding ten minutes, and a stop-
page occurs, personnel must remain
clear of the aircraft for 30 minutes. Air-
craft crewmembers should remain in the
aircraft and continue positive gun con-
1. CPG ARM/SAFE switches ARM.
2. GUN select switch As desired.
3. Crewmember desiring to fire Establish range
to target and track target with selected sight.
4. WAS switch GUN.
5. Weapons trigger Press, continue to fire as re-
6. WAS Deselect GUN.
4.33.2 AWS Harmonization Procedures
1. Locate target approximately 1000 meters ("50)
from aircraft position.
2. Hover aircraft 100 FT ("20) above target alti-
tude and maintain heading ("5
3. Sensor select switch TV.
4. Field-of-view select switch N or Z.
5. LSR select switch ON.
6. Laser trigger Press. Ensure the displayed
range to target is accurate to "10 meters.
7. Laser trigger Press. Confirm range.
Harmonization burst shall be accomplished
in the narrowest field of view which the CPG
can observe the rounds impact (wide/nar-
8. Field-of-view select switch W or N.
A video recording may be used to verify im-
9. Fire one or two 10 round bursts. Note centroid of
10. Determine the appropriate sector from the ap-
propriate field of view Corrector Guides (figs
4-19.1 and 4-19.2) for harmonization offset val-
A fraction of the offset values in a sector
can be used to improve accuracy.
Go to step 12 -5 5 to enter modified cor-
enter modified correctors:
a. DEK switch SP1.
b. Enter G on the DEK.
c. The screen will display harmonization cor-
rector Deltas and Totals in the following for-
d. On the DEK enter 1 to access azimuth or 2
to access elevation corrector value(s) to be
e. Enter corrector Delta value(s) from the Cor-
rector Guides (figs 4-19.1 and 4-19.2).
f. Repeat steps 1 through 11 while reducing
field of view as appropriate to DTV-NFOV
until center of impact is verified to be within
zoom FOV gates. When FOV gates are
achieved, proceed to step g.
g. DEK ENTER button Press. This will com-
plete the modification.