*8.18. AFTER STARTING APU CPG.
Control locks Remove.
2. Canopy door Secure.
3. Avionics As desired.
4. ADSS switch On.
5. FC SYM GEN switch As required.
6. IHADSS switch As required (Announce to pi-
Do not turn the SYSTEM TADS/FLIROFF/
OFF switch to TADS immediately after being
set to OFF. Damage to the TADS power
supply could result.
7. TADS switch As required (Announce to pilot).
If an erroneous magnetic variation is en-
tered, the compass card in the HSI will give
8. Fire control system Enter data/interrogate as
a. PPOS. (Announce to pilot when present
position has been entered.)
b. Waypoint/target data.
c. Laser codes.
Steps 9 thru 15 may be performed in any or-
9. IHADSS boresight As required.
10. Doppler Program as desired.
11. TADS operational checks As required.
12. TADS internal boresight As required.
13. TADS outfront boresight As required.
14. FLIR operational check As required.
15. Weapons Systems As desired.
*8.19. BEFORE STARTING ENGINES PILOT.
1. SHAFT DRIVEN COMP caution light Extin-
guished. Verify ECS airflow from crew station
2. ANTI COL switch As desired.
*8.20. STARTING ENGINES PILOT.
Aborted engine starts may cause
fuel to collect in the engine nacelle. Sub-
sequent engine starts may be attempted
only after the nacelle door/work platform
is opened and the nacelle inspected for
fuel. If during the initial start an abnormal
TGT rise was evident, or fuel is evident in
the nacelle, the ignition system shall be
checked IAW standard maintenance pro-
During a start with RTR BK switch set
to LOCK, if rotor blades begin to ro-
tate, set RTR BK switch to OFF.
The T700GE701C engine exhibits
inconsistent starting capability above
6000 feet density altitude. Starts
above this density altitude may be un-
successful and require over tempera-
ture abort by the pilot.
1. Area Clear.
2. RTR BK switch OFF or LOCK.
Use the procedures in para 3.a. thru 3.e. for
COLD and WARM -701
and for COLD -701C
(more than 4 hours since last shutdown)
and all INFLIGHT
starts. Use the procedures in para 3.f.(1)
thru 3.f.(4) for WARM
engine starts on
3. First engine Start as follows:
a. START switch START.
b. PWR lever IDLE after NG speed increases
and TGT is below 150 C
c. ENG OIL pressure gauge Monitor.
d. TGT gauge Monitor.
e. NG gauge Monitor.