8.28 ENGINE SHUTDOWN CPG.
1. SIGHT SEL switch STBY.
For TADS OI aircraft, monitor HOD CRT
as TADS/FLIR switch is placed in OFF.
After approximately 15 seconds, HOD
should flash and loss of SYM BRT control
should be experienced. When symbol
brightness is no longer adjustable, the
system is in independent HOD mode and
power-down can be continued.
Prior to turning TADS off, ensure PNVS is
turned off to allow proper data transfer
into the TADS nonvolatile memory.
2. TADS switch OFF (verify PNVS off).
Prior to turning IHADSS off, confirm TADS
power down sequence is complete by wait-
ing 15 seconds after TADS is turned off and
verifying ORT SYM BRT switch is inopera-
3. ORT SYM BRT switch Inoperative.
4. IHADSS switch OFF.
5. FC SYM GEN switch OFF.
6. Weapons select switches OFF.
7. CPG ARM/SAFE switch OFF.
8. PLT/GND ORIDE switch OFF.
9. ADSS switch OFF.
10. MSL MODE switch STBY.
11. DEK DATA ENTRY switch OFF.
12. RECORDER MODE switch OFF.
13. Avionics Off.
Control locks Install.
15. CANOPY JETTISON pin Install.
16. Light switches Off.
8.29 BEFORE LEAVING THE HELICOPTER.
1. Armament and pylon safety pins Installed.
2. Conduct walkaround.
3. Complete forms. An entry in DA form 2408-13-1
is required if helicopter was:
a. Flown in loose grass environment.
b. Operated within 10 NM of salt water.
c. Operated within 200 NM of volcanic activity.
d. Exposed to radioactivity.
4. Secure helicopter As required.