FUEL SERVICING - CLOSED CIRCUIT REFUELING (CCR) METHOD continued
Failure of automatic shutoff sequence
will be indicated by fuel flowing from
fuel cell vent tubes. This failure could
damage the airframe and injure per-
sonnel. Manually stop fuel flow if this
occurs. If injury occurs, seek medical
k. Stop fuel servicing when automatic fuel shut-
off has occurred, or if fuel flows from vent
tubes (17) and (18).
l. Stop refueling unit pump.
m. Disconnect nozzle (9) from adapter (10).
(1) Move handle (14) to OFF.
(2) Remove nozzle (9) from adapter (10).
(3) Disconnect nozzle ground plug (11) from
grounding receptacle (12).
(4) Install cap (13) on adapter (10).
n. Set REFUEL VALVE switch (5) to CLOSE.
(1) Check that OPEN indicator (6) does not light.
(2) Refer to TM 1-1520-238-T if indicator (6) re-
o. Check fuel indicators (19).
(1) Verify that fuel quantity indicated on fuel gage
(19) is same as quantity of fuel in tanks.
p. Set FUEL QTY ON IND switch (4) to OFF.
GO TO NEXT PAGE