FUEL SERVICING HOT RAPID CLOSED CIRCUIT REFUELING (CCR) METHOD continued
a. Install static ground lines (FM 10-68).
No. 2 (right) engine should be shut
down during refueling. This is to pre-
vent ingestion of fuel vapors. Also, jet
engine intake suction can cause injury
to personnel. However, when neces-
sary, refueling may proceed with both
b. Establish communication with pilot.
(1) Request pilot to shut down No. 2 engine.
c. Perform prefueling check.
(1) Refer to pressure refuel precheck list on in-
side of refueling panel access door.
d. Set FUEL QTY IND switch (1) to ON.
e. Set REFUEL VALVE switch (2) to OPEN.
Stop fuel servicing and notify pilot if indi-
cator does not light.
(1) Check that OPEN indicator (3) is lighted.
(2) Stop fuel servicing if OPEN indicator (3) does
not light (TM 1-1520-238-T).
f. Set LEVEL CONT VALVES switches FWD TNK
switch (4) and AFT TNK switch (5) to CLOSE.
(1) Check that indicators FWD CLOSED (6) and
AFT CLOSED (7) does light.
GO TO NEXT PAGE