FUEL SERVICING HOT RAPID CLOSED CIRCUIT REFUELING (CCR) METHOD continued
g. Connect closed circuit refueling nozzle (8) to
(1) Connect nozzle ground plug (10) to ground-
ing receptacle (11).
(2) Remove cap (12) from adapter (9).
(3) Connect nozzle (8) to adapter (9).
(4) Start refueling pump.
(5) Move flow control handle (13) to FLOW.
(6) Check refueling unit for fuel flow.
The fuel system may be damaged if FWD
CLOSED and AFT CLOSED indicators
do not light within 8 seconds after fuel
servicing begins. If indicators do not light,
automatic fuel shutoff has not activated.
Stop fuel servicing.
h. Ensure automatic fuel shutoff actuated.
(1) Check that indicators FWD CLOSED (6) and
AFT CLOSED (7) lights within 8 seconds af-
ter fuel servicing begins.
(2) Stop fuel servicing if indicators do not light
Indication of automatic fuel shutoff is indi-
cated by a jerk of the fuel hose and no
further increase on the servicing unit
GO TO NEXT PAGE