FUEL SERVICING HOT RAPID SINGLE POINT ADAPTER (SPA) METHOD continued
f. Connect single point adapter nozzle (4) to
(1) Connect nozzle ground plug (6) to grounding
(2) Remove cap (8) from adapter (5).
(3) Connect nozzle (4) to adapter (5). Turn
nozzle clockwise until it locks.
(4) Start refueling pump.
(5) Move valve handle (9) to OPEN.
(6) Check refueling unit for fuel flow.
The fuel system may be damaged if FWD
CLOSED and AFT CLOSED indicators
do not light within 8 seconds after fuel
servicing begins. If indicators do not light,
automatic fuel shutoff has not activated.
Stop fuel servicing.
g. Place FWD and AFT TNK LEVEL CONT VALVE
switches (10) to CLOSE.
h. Check that indicator FWD CLOSED and AFT
CLOSED (11) are lighted.
(1) Stop fuel servicing if indicators do not light
i. Check refueling unit for no fuel flow.
j. Service fuel tanks as required when notified
(1) To refuel, select level control valve switch
position and advisory indicator condition from
GO TO NEXT PAGE