MAIN TRANSMISSION OIL SYSTEM DRAINING, FLUSHING, AND SERVICING continued
Drain and flush transmission oil from
left and right chip detector housings at
the same time.
This task is typical for left and right
sides of main transmission.
a. Remove transmission chip detector probe (1)
from housing (2).
(1) Place rags under housing (2) to catch spilled
(2) Push in probe (1) and turn counterclockwise.
Pull out of housing (2).
(3) Remove and discard packing (3).
b. Drain transmission oil.
(1) Place free end of lube drain kit hose (4) in
(2) Insert lube drain kit hose adapter probe (5) in
(3) Push in probe (5) and turn clockwise until
(4) Allow transmission oil to drain.
c. Remove lube drain kit hose probe (5) from
(1) Push in hose probe (5), turn counterclock-
wise and pull remove from housing (2).
GO TO NEXT PAGE
TYPICAL LEFT & RIGHT