MAIN LANDING GEAR SHOCK STRUT SERVICE FLUID continued
The shock strut contains high pres-
sure nitrogen. Bleed off shock strut
pressure through servicing valve be-
fore removing valve. Sudden release
of high pressure nitrogen could cause
injury to personnel or damage to
equipment. If injury occurs, seek med-
ical aid. Before removing bleed plug
(6) relieve any built-up pressure
caused by nitrogen leaking past the
seals into the hyd. Fluid area by using
bleed control valve (17).
a. Deflate shock strut (1).
(1) Remove cap (2) from charging valve (3).
(2) Install hose (4) on valve (3) and outlet end of
hose into pail. Use bleed hose (figure D-469,
App D) and pail.
(3) Hold valve (3).
(4) Loosen nut (5) until resistance is felt; then
loosen 1/2 to 3/4 turn to off seat valve.
(5) After pressure has escaped, fully open valve
GO TO NEXT PAGE