PROTECTIVE COVER INSTALLATION continued
a. Install omnidirectional airspeed sensor pro-
tective cover (1).
(1) Position one end of cover (1) on main rotor
mast airspeed sensor.
(2) Extend bungee cords and secure other end of
cover (1) on opposite end of sensor.
b. Install main rotor mast aperture protective
(1) Position cover (2) forward portion around
main rotor mast and over infrared antenna.
(2) Position aft portion of cover (2) around longi-
tudinal bellcrank, lateral control links, and the
main rotor mast. Tighten and tie collars
around bellcrank, control links, and rotor
(3) Engage hook-and-pile fastener at each collar.
Tie down cover to left side step and handhold,
and to right side handhold.
c. Install engine air inlet protective shield (3).
(1) Position each shield (3) on air inlet duct with
streamer downward on forward side.
(2) Push shield (3) ring rearward into air inlet and
around nose gearbox air inlet.
GO TO NEXT PAGE