PROTECTIVE COVER INSTALLATION continued
d. Install nose gearbox cooling air inlet protec-
tive shield (4).
(1) Position each shield (4) into air inlet fairing.
e. Install two pitot head protective covers (5).
(1) Place two covers (5) on two pitot tubes.
(2) Fasten two covers (5) with hook-and-pile fas-
f. Install aircraft canopy protective cover (6).
(1) Position cover (6) on top of helicopter canopy
and over canopy emergency door release.
(2) Separate cover (6) forward strap, extend it
around fuselage, and secure loosely to en-
able further positioning of cover.
(3) Draw cover (6) left panel aft to engage cover
boot to canopy handhold.
(4) Extend and secure cover (6) left panel straps
to fuselage steps.
(5) Position cover (6) top panel to engage cutout
and around IFF antenna.
(6) Position and secure cover (6) right aft panel
with aft strap to vertical handhold and down-
ward with a strap to step.
(7) To seal forward and aft panel overlaps, over-
lap canopy handhold through forward panel
(with canopy handhold through forward panel
cutout) and engage panel hook-and-pile fas-
GO TO NEXT PAGE