HOISTING ENGINE REMOVAL
Hoisted components can cause injury
or death if they fall. Keep away from
hoisted components and loaded
crane. If injury occurs, seek medical
a. Install crane hook (1) on engine (2).
(1) Rotate crane handle (3) to up position to al-
low lateral movement of crane boom arm (4).
(2) Use two tag lines (5) to move boom arm (4).
(3) Aline arm (4) under main rotor blade posi-
tioned 90 degrees to helicopter.
(4) Aline hook (1) over lifting eye of sling (6).
Ensure that lifting eye of sling is alined to hole
(5) Rotate handle (3) to down position to prevent
lateral movement of boom arm (4).
To prevent crossing of cable on spool and
damage to crank, tension must be ap-
plied when letting out or taking in cable.
b. Install hook (1) on engine (2).
(1) Crank winch (7) to position hook (1) below
lifting eye of sling (6).
(2) Snap hook (1) into lifting eye of sling (6).
(3) Crank winch (7) to remove cable slack.
(4) Tie two 10-foot tag lines to forward and aft
ends of engine.
GO TO NEXT PAGE