HOISTING ENGINE INSTALLATION
Hoisted components can cause injury
or death if they fall. Keep away from
hoisted components and loaded
crane. If injury occurs, seek medical
a. Position handling adapter (1) with engine par-
allel and next to wing leading edge.
b. Position crane hook (2) over installed engine
(1) Rotate crane handle (3) to the up position to
allow lateral movement of crane boom arm
(2) Use two tag lines (5) to move crane boom
(3) Turn arm (4) to aline hook (2) over lifting eye
(4) Rotate handle (3) to down position to prevent
lateral movement of crane boom arm (4).
To prevent crossing of cable on spool and
damage to crank, tension must be ap-
plied when letting out or taking in cable.
c. Insert hook (2) into lifting eye (6).
(1) Crank winch (7) to position hook (2) below
lifting eye (6).
(2) Snap hook (2) into lifting eye (6).
(3) Crank winch (7) to remove cable slack.
GO TO NEXT PAGE