HOISTING MAIN ROTOR BLADE REMOVAL continued
Use two tag lines and tiedown to control
c. Install main rotor blade tiedown (para 1.106).
d. Install tag lines to hub end of rotor blade.
e. Lift main rotor blade until weight is off main
(1) Crank winch (6) up to unload blade attaching
f. Install droop stop wedges (8).
(1) Equally space wedges (8) around droop stop
(2) Push wedges (8) up until seated on ring (9).
The main rotor blade could move after
the pins are removed. A sudden blade
movement could sever or crush your
fingers or hand. Keep fingers and
hands away from the lead lag link. If
injury occurs, seek medical aid.
g. Unlatch and remove attaching pins (10).
(1) Push down on spring clip (11). Remove clip
(11) from nut (12).
(2) Lift clip (11) to vertical.
(3) Move pin (10) up until it clears blade root (13)
and lead lag link (14). Use crane to relieve
tension on blade (15).
GO TO NEXT PAGE