HOISTING MAIN ROTOR HEAD INSTALLATION
Hoisted components can cause in-
jury or death if they fall. Keep away
from hoisted components and
loaded crane. If injury occurs, seek
Failure to install bearing retainer
prior to hoisting operation may re-
sult in main rotor component dam-
age or personnel injury. If injury
occurs, seek medical aid.
a. Install bearing retainer (1) on main rotor head
(1) Install retainer (1) in bottom groove of head
(2) Close retainer (1). Engage quick coupler (3).
(3) Tighten nut (4).
b. Position crane hook (5) over installed rotor
(1) Rotate crane handle (6) to up position to al-
low lateral movement of crane boom arm (7).
(2) Use tag lines (8) to move boom arm (7). Turn
boom arm (7) to aline hook (5) over puller/
sling (9) lifting eye (10).
(3) Rotate handle (6) to down position to prevent
lateral movement of boom arm (7).
To prevent crossing cable on spool and
damage to crank, tension must be ap-
plied when letting out or taking in cable.
GO TO NEXT PAGE