HOISTING APU REMOVAL
Hoisted components can cause in-
jury or death if they fall. Keep away
from hoisted components and
loaded crane. If injury occurs, seek
Inspect APU lifting lug for damage,
bends, or cracks. Failure of lifting
lug can cause structural damage
and injury to personnel. If an injury
occurs, seek medical aid.
a. Check APU lifting lug (1) for damage, bends,
b. Position crane hook (2) over APU lug (1).
(1) Rotate crane handle (3) to up position to al-
low lateral movement of boom arm (4).
(2) Use two tag lines (5) to move arm (4). Turn
boom arm (4) to aline hook (1) over lug (2).
(3) Rotate handle (3) to down position to prevent
lateral movement of boom arm (4).
To prevent crossing cable on spool and
damage to crank, tension must be ap-
plied when letting out or taking in cable.
c. Insert hook (2) into lug (1).
(1) Crank winch (6) to position hook (2) below lug
(2) Snap hook (2) into lug (1).
(3) Crank winch (6) to remove cable slack.
GO TO NEXT PAGE