SPECIAL INSPECTION CHECKLIST continued
Helicopter Serial No.:
Tail boom must remain on jack while performing step (6).
(6) Measure overall length of strut from rod end to rod end after upper
piston is properly serviced. Strut must measure 30.73 to 30.97
INCHES with strut fully extended and properly pressurized.
(7) Replace tail landing gear shock strut if measurement taken is not
(8) Lower tail boom (para 1.68) if measurement taken is satisfactory.
d. Tail landing gear fork and main and tail landing gear trailing arms:
(1) Check for cracks, distortion, and loose mounting. Use 10-power
magnifier for crack check.
(2) Check fork and arm hardware for torque stripe movement, cracks,
distortion, and other stress damage.
e. Replace defective components if cracked, distorted, and other damage is
evident at any point on wheels, landing gear struts, trailing arms, or tail
f. Airframe in main landing gear area:
(1) Perform magnetic particle inspection (para 2.76).
(2) Check shafts and cross tube for cracks, distortion, and loose
(3) Check fuselage frame at FS 91.7, FS 105, FS 115, FS 125, FS 136,
FS 144, and FS 154.3 for distortion and buckling.
(4) Check outer skins and pilot floor from FS 91.7 to FS 154.3 for
buckling and sheared rivets.
g. Airframe in tail landing gear area:
(1) Check frame end bulkhead for distortion and buckling.
(2) Check bulkhead strut attach and trailing arm pivot lugs for cracks and
GO TO NEXT PAGE