SPECIAL INSPECTION CHECKLIST continued
Helicopter Serial No.:
l. Check main rotor droop stops for bending or distortion, especially in
roller-to-pitch housing areas.
m. TADS/PNVS mounts:
(1) Remove TADS/PNVS turret (TM 1-1270-476-20).
(2) Check support fittings for cracks, distortion, corrosion, and dirt. Use
10-power magnifier for crack check.
(3) Check seals for deterioration, leakage and improper fit.
(4) Check upper (brass) bushings for out-of-round condition or distortion.
(5) Reinstall TADS/PNVS turret (TM 1-1270-476-20).
n. Check lower wire strike cutter for bends, cracks, and alinement. Replace
cutter if damaged. (para 2.195).
o. Check APU mounts for cracks and distortions.NoneAllowed.
MAIN ROTOR BLADE STRIKE
If cracks/delaminations are suspected, perform nondestructive inspection
a. Check full blade chord for strike damage from impact point to trailing edge.
b. Check entire blade trailing edge for buckling.
c. Carefully check all blade root end doublers and blade station 82 trailing
edge bond joints for delamination.
d. Check main rotor head for cracks or other damage, with special attention
(1) Lead lag links and pitch housing in areas of lead lag link stops.
(2) Strap packs: check for leading edge failures and trailing edge
(3) Feathering bearing housings: check for cracked lugs.
GO TO NEXT PAGE