SPECIAL INSPECTION CHECKLIST continued
Helicopter Serial No.:
(e) After main rotor blade lightning strike, remove damper and check
1. Check damper attach bolts for arcing, pitting or burn marks. If
damaged is found, replace bolts.
2. Check bearings for arcing, pitting or burn marks. If damaged is
found, send damper to depot.
3. Check damper bracket lugs and bushings for arc damage. If
damaged is found, send hub assembly to depot.
(f) After blade lightning strike, check the following:
1. Check bearings, bushings and attach bolts of flight control rods,
bellcranks, and levers between servo output rods and
swashplate for burn marks. If burn marks are found, replace
2. Check front and aft bellcrank support attach fittings for arc
burns. If arc burns are found, replace bellcrank supports.
(g) After any lightning strike, check primary servo input and output
linkage bearings for arcing and burn marks. Fully extend pistons
and check for roughness, pitting, or burn marks. If damaged is
found, send servo to depot.
d. MAIN TRANSMISSION AND DRIVE SHAFT
(1) Check main gearbox mounting points, attach bolts and exposed
portion of main rotor shaft for arcing or leakage. If damaged is found,
remove main transmission and send to depot.
(2) If any main rotor shaft component shows signs of lightning strike
damage, remove main transmission and send to depot.
(3) Check input drive shafts, gimbals, and support tubes for arcing or
leakage. If damaged is found, send components to depot.
GO TO NEXT PAGE