SPECIAL INSPECTION CHECKLIST continued
Helicopter Serial No.:
e. TAIL ROTOR SYSTEM
(1) Check entire inboard and outboard surfaces of tail rotor blades for the
(a) Entire blade length for burns, burn holes, burn streaks, arcing, paint
discoloration, voids, and delaminations.
(b) Blade tip and trailing edge for arcing, burns, delamination and loose
screws in tip cap.
(c) Leading edge and skin-to-horn joint for arc burns.
(2) Check the following on tail rotor system:
(a) Check de-ice wires for damage. If damage is found, replace.
(b) Remove blades and check strap pack, hub, teetering bearing,
teetering bolt, fork, and fork drive shaft for damage, arcing,
discoloration, and burn marks. If damage is found, return to depot.
(c) If damage is found, do the following:
1. Check pitch control rod end bearings, pitch change swashplate,
hubs and fork. If damaged, return components to depot.
2. Check pitch rod attach bolts. If damage is found, replace bolts.
3. Check tail rotor mechanism by manually cycling to ensure
f. MAIN LANDING GEAR
(1) Check strut lower stage piston, axle, trailing arm, and attaching parts
of main landing gear for damage. Check landing gear for proper
servicing and leaks.
GO TO NEXT PAGE