SPECIAL INSPECTION CHECKLIST continued
Helicopter Serial No.:
(c) Check electrostatic dischargers, internal wiring and connectors,
hydraulic lines and fittings. If damaged, replace parts as required.
(d) Check lights. If damaged, replace as required.
k. AIRFRAME STRUCTURE
(1) Check airframe skin surfaces and all attach points where assemblies
or actuators have been removed for arcing or visible indication of
lightning strike damage.
(2) Check all fairings and door interfaces.
(3) If damaged, return airframe to depot for repair (para 2.12).
l. INTERMEDIATE AND TAIL ROTOR GEARBOXES AND DRIVE SHAFT
(1) Check intermediate and tail rotor gearboxes mounting points and
attaching hardware for arcing or leakage. If damaged, remove
gearbox and send to depot. Replace attaching hardware as required.
(2) If no visible damage was found on intermediate gearbox, but any one
of the viscous damper bearings, hardware, or shafts adjacent to the
gearbox are damaged, remove intermediate gearbox and send to
(3) Check tail rotor drive shafts, couplings, and viscous damper bearings
for arcing or leakage. If damaged, remove component and send to
(4) If no visible damage was found on tail rotor gearbox, but there was
evidence of lightning strike on the tail rotor, remove tail rotor gearbox
and servo and send to depot.
GO TO NEXT PAGE