SPECIAL INSPECTION CHECKLIST continued
Helicopter Serial No.:
Contamination of the bearings or failure to follow the prescribed proce-
dures may cause premature failure of the needle bearings.
(8) Verify bearing cavity is properly packed with grease (item 87, App F).
Pack grease approximately one half cubic inch (1CC) around inside
(9) Lightly lubricate new packing (M83248/1-113) with grease (item 87,
App F) and install on plug (3886028-1).
(10) Install plug into the clutch output drive shaft.
(11) Install the spiral lock ring (M27426-3112D) and ensure that it has
good positive engagement.
(12) Install anti-flail bracket and APU drive shaft (para 6.16). Check
(13) Perform an APU maintenance operational check (TM 1-1520-238-T).
Check for oil leakage from the covered port with the APU running.
Replace clutch if the oil leakage rate exceeds one drop per minute
from the covered port.
d. Visually inspect clutch mounting pad (with PTO clutch installed) for cracks
and corrosion. None allowed.
e. Inspect friction disk for wear.
(1) Remove one screw from name plate.
(2) Loosen remaining screw.
(3) Carefully rotate nameplate and gasket upward and secure remaining
(4) Push disk backwards until it bottoms.
GO TO NEXT PAGE