OVERHAUL AND RETIREMENT SCHEDULE continued
Overhaul Interval Notes:
1. Covered by special inspection No. 27 in paragraph 1.137 and paragraph 5.1 step e, AVUM/AVIM
Manual for Army AH-64A Helicopter.
2. Overhaul interval hours are measured from the time of the last bearing replacement performed by
the Allied Signal contract team or from the last complete depot overhaul, whichever is lower.
Retirement Interval Notes:
1. Reduce the current retirement life of 5,400 hours to 1,750 hours on Fenn manufactured main rotor
drive shafts (P/N 7-211350021 and P/N 7-211350021-3) marked with serial numbers 0052220001
through 0052220357, 1103 through 1111, and FM0253 through FM0263. All other main rotor drive
shafts not having the above Fenn serial numbers will retain the retirement life of 5,400 hours.
2. Located on main rotor head assembly drawing 7-311411003 (all bolt dash numbers).
3. See AMSAT-R-EIA (70-62b) Interim Statement of Airworthiness Qualification for AH-64A Helicop-
4. Included in the T/R output shaft, P/N 7-311340092.
5. Remove from service 1440 days after installation.
6. Includes spar assembly P/N 7-311122604, which includes spar cap P/N 7-311122605.
7. Includes spars P/N 7-311123602, 7-311123605, and 7-311123606.
8. Includes wing spars P/N 7-311130221 and 7-311130251.
9. Includes fitting P/N 7-211671011 and cap P/N 7-211671022.
10. Bearing retirement life under discussion between MDHS and ATCOM engineering. Contact AMSAT-
R-EIA, DSN 693-1679 or commercial (314) 263-1679 for disposition instructions before removal.
Special inspection No. 26 (para 1.137) remains applicable every 50 hours. Beginning at 1750 hours
and each 50 hour inspection thereafter, mandatory rotational inspection of the swashplate with pitch
links removed will be added to this special inspection.
11. Magnetic particle inspect 1440 days after installation (TM 55-1500-335-23). Any evidence of crack-
ing or corrosion is cause for rejection. Parts not showing evidence of cracks or corrosion may be
reinstalled and used for an additional 180 days.
12. Avibank main rotor attach pins with a vendor part number 53460 are not authorized for use
regardless of the number of hours. Any pin where the part number cannot be determined should be
END OF TASK