KEVLAR REPAIR continued
c. Fabricate patch.
(1) Cut cloth piece (5) to extend 0.50 INCH
around crack (1). Use cloth (item 56, App F)
(2) Cut cloth pieces (6) 0.50 INCH larger than
piece (5) to equal number of laminates (2)
sanded away. Use cloth (item 56, App F) and
(3) Place smallest cloth piece (5) over damaged
area, then place other cloth pieces (6) over
area until original thickness is restored.
Do not place heater near flammable
material or allow heater to contact
skin: severe burns can result. Wear
protective equipment. If injury occurs,
seek medical aid.
d. Complete repair.
(1) Place cellophane (7) over fabric patch (8) and
press into place. Remove all air pockets. Use
cellophane (item 41, App F).
(2) Remove cellophane (7) from patch (8).
(3) Apply a coat of adhesive over patch (8). Use
brush (item 34, App F) and adhesive (item 5,
(4) Cure patch (8) until surface is hard and tack-
free. Use heater.
e. Inspect (QA).
GO TO NEXT PAGE