KEVLAR REPAIR continued
c. Fabricate patch.
(1) Cut cloth pieces (33) to fit each laminate
opening plus 0.50 INCH overlap. Use cloth
(item 56, App F) and shears.
(2) Fit each piece (33) into its respective opening
until all are in place.
Do not place heater near flammable
material or allow heater to contact
skin: severe burns can result. Wear
protective equipment. If injury occurs,
seek medical aid.
d. Complete repair.
(1) Place cellophane (34) over patch (35) and
press into place. Remove all air pockets. Use
cellophane (item 41, App F).
(2) Remove cellophane (34) from patch (35).
(3) Apply a coat of adhesive over patch (35). Use
brush (item 34, App F) and adhesive (item 5,
(4) Cure patch (35) until surface is hard and tack-
free. Use heater.
e. Inspect (QA).
GO TO NEXT PAGE