KEVLAR REPAIR continued
2.30.8. Debonded Seals
a. Remove and discard debonded seal (36).
b. Clean adhesive from fairing surface (37) (para
c. Install new seal (36).
(1) Apply a thin coat of adhesive to completely
cover fairing surface (37) and all seal (36)
surfaces. Use adhesive (item 14, App F).
(2) Aline and join surfaces of new seal (36) and
(3) Maintain contact pressure on seal (36) with
C clamp and small strips of wood.
(4) Ensure excess adhesive is visible at all mat-
ing edges of seal (36) and fairing surface
(37). Remove excess adhesive to form a
smooth, no gaps bead on edges.
(5) Apply even bead of adhesive on corners of
mating surface of seal (36) and fairing (37).
Use adhesive (item 14, App F).
(6) Cure 45 MINUTES until surface is tack-free.
d. Inspect (QA).
GO TO NEXT PAGE