KEVLAR REPAIR continued
2.30.9. Debonded Stiffeners
a. Remove and discard debonded stiffener (39)
from fairing surface (40).
b. Clean adhesive from fairing surface (40) (para
c. Install new stiffener (39).
(1) Apply a thin coat of adhesive to completely
cover fairing surface (40) and all stiffener sur-
faces (39). Use adhesive (item 14, App F).
(2) Aline and join surfaces of stiffener (39) and
(3) Maintain contact pressure on stiffener (39)
with C clamp and small strips of wood. Apply
weight in center section of stiffener (39).
(4) Ensure excess adhesive is visible at all mat-
ing edges of stiffener (39) and fairing surface
(40). Remove excess adhesive to form a
smooth, no gap bead on edges.
(5) Cure 45 MINUTES until surface is tack-free.
d. Inspect (QA).
GO TO NEXT PAGE