ELECTROMAGNETIC CONDUCTIVE COATING APPLICATION continued
c. Touch up composite parts.
Do not touch up surfaces larger than 6 SQUARE-INCHES. If larger, reapply conductive coating to
(1) Lightly sand the damaged area. Use cloth (item 48, App F).
Ensure not to soften or damage existing coating during cleaning.
(2) Clean sanded area and 2.00 INCHES beyond edge of damaged area. Use isopropyl alcohol (item 106,
App F) and cloth (item 52, App F).
(3) Mask off a minimum of 0.25 INCH beyond edge of damaged area. Use tape (item 205, App F).
(4) Apply a coat of primer to surface. Use brush (item 36, App F) and epoxy primer coating kit (item 78,
(5) Cure primer at room temperature 1 HOUR.
(6) Remove tape and clean any remaining tape adhesive. Use isopropyl alcohol (item 106, App F) and cloth
(item 52, App F).
(7) Brush surface with conductive coating material. Overlap edge of damaged area a minimum of 0.75 INCH
where possible. Use brush (item 36, App F) and corrosion resistant coating (item 65, App F).
(8) Cure conductive coating 1 HOUR.
(9) Apply a second coat of conductive coating.
(10) Apply curing criteria in paragraph 2.34.4.e.
d. Inspect (QA).
GO TO NEXT PAGE