FORWARD AVIONICS BAY NOSE FAIRING ASSEMBLY SEAL REPLACEMENT (AVIM) continued
More than one seal may be required to
eliminate gaps at fuselage/fairing inter-
b. Install new seal (1) on seal (2).
(1) Apply adhesive to seal (1) and seal (2) sur-
faces to be joined. Work out bubbles. Spread
sealant to uniform thickness of 0.015 INCH.
Use adhesive (item 13, App F).
(2) Aline faying surfaces of seal (1) on seal (2)
with all holes and cutouts alined. Maintain
constant pressure on seals. Use C-clamps
and small strips of wood placed at several
points along length of seals (1) and (2). Use
depressor (item 70, App F)
(3) Ensure that excess adhesive is visible at all
edges of seals (1) and (2).
(4) Remove excess adhesive while forming a
smooth no gap bead around edges. Use cloth
(item 52, App F) moistened with methyl ethyl
ketone (item 124, App F).
(5) Apply an even bead of adhesive at corners
and splices. Use adhesive (item 13, App F).
(6) Cure 1 HOUR or until adhesive is tack-free to
(7) Trim seals (1) and (2) as required to eliminate
gaps at fuselage/fairing interface.
c. Inspect (QA).
END OF TASK