TADS/PNVS SUPPORT CONTROL SURFACE SLEEVE BUSHING REPLACEMENT
Frostbite or freezing of tissue can
occur from improper handling of
chilled parts. If a burning sensation
is felt, seek medical aid.
Do not place heater near flammable
material or allow heater to contact
skin: severe burns can result. Wear
protective equipment. If injury
occurs, seek medical aid.
Use proper protective gloves be-
cause of elevated temperature in-
b. Using the temperature differential method,
install bushing (1) in fitting (2).
(1) Freeze bushing (1) by placing in freezer at
0 F (-18 C), or below for a minimum of 3
(2) Apply corrosion resistant coating to bore of
fitting (2). Use corrosion resistant coating
(item 64A, App F).
(3) Coat exterior of frozen bushing (1). Use
epoxy primer coating kit (item 76, App F).
(4) Heat fitting (2) to a maximum of 200 F
(93 C). Use heater.
(5) Install bushing (1) in fitting (2). Use bushing
(6) Allow bushing (1) and fitting (2) to return to
(7) Check for movement, with finger pressure.
GO TO NEXT PAGE