FORWARD LEFT OR RIGHT CENTER TRANSMISSION ROTOR SUPPORT STRUT ASSEMBLIES
a. Wipe removed and attaching parts and sur-
faces with a clean rag.
a. Check strut and base for damage and corro-
sion (para 2.11).
b. Check nuts and bolts for stripped threads.
c. Inspect barrell nuts with a 10X magnifier for
elongation, thread damage, cracks and corro-
d. Check strut bushing bores.
(1) Check for scoring, nicks, and scratches.
Scoring, nicks and scratches are acceptable
if less than 0.020 INCH deep.
(2) Check two strut support bushing bores. Maxi-
mum I.D. 0.7520 INCH.
(3) Check deck bushing bore and mast support
bushing bores (two places). Maximum I.D.
e. Check strut and base for cracks.
(1) If cracks are suspected, perform nondestruc-
tive inspection (TM 1-1520-264-23).
a. Install strut (3) on base (10) and strut (11).
Torque nut (13) 3360 to 3640 INCH-POUNDS.
(1) Aline strut (3) on base (10) and strut (11). Use
(2) Install bolt (14) through washer (16), strut (3),
base (10), and strut (11).
Nut may be reused if run-on torque ex-
ceeds 50 INCH-POUNDS.
(3) Ensure nut (13) has no less than 50 INCH-
POUNDS run-on torque. Use torque wrench.
GO TO NEXT PAGE