AFT RIGHT CENTER TRANSMISSION ROTOR SUPPORT STRUT ASSEMBLY
d. Remove strut (4) from rotor support mast sup-
port base (19) and strut (20).
(1) Remove and discard cotter pin (21).
(2) Hold bolt (22). Break torque on self-locking
nut (23). Use telescopic bar and adapter.
(3) Hold bolt (22). Remove nut (23) and washer
(24). Use ratchet and 5-inch extension.
(4) Remove bolt (22) and washer (25) from strut
(4), base (19), and strut (20).
(5) Remove strut (4) from base (19) and strut
a. Clean adhesive from strut (para 1.47).
b. Wipe removed and attaching parts and sur-
faces with a clean rag.
a. Check strut and base for damage and corro-
sion (para 2.11).
b. Check nuts and bolts for stripped threads.
c. Inspect barrel nuts with a 10X magnifier for
elongation, thread damage, cracks and corro-
d. Check strut bushing bores.
(1) Check for scoring, nicks, and scratches.
Scoring, nicks, and scratches are acceptable
if less than 0.020 INCH deep.
(2) Check two strut support bushing bores. Maxi-
mum I.D. 0.7520 INCH.
(3) Check deck bushing bore and mast support
bushing bore (two places). Maximum I.D.
GO TO NEXT PAGE