2.101A. WIDE BAND FM ANTENNA PAN MOUNT FUSELAGE REPAIR (AVIM) continued
Rivet edge distance of 2D + 0.03 INCH must be maintained for all installed rivets except for rivets
around crack repair which must have 0.62 INCH minimum edge distance from trim area to end of
d. Fabricate doubler (5) and enlarge airframe skin cutout.
(1) Fabricate doubler (5) to approximate size shown using a 0.28 INCH radius, four places. Doubler length
may vary to ensure rivet edge distance of 2D + 0.03 INCH minimum is maintained. Use clad aluminum
sheet 2024T3, 0.063 INCH thick, per QQ-A-250/5.
(2) Make rough cut of cutout area in doubler to approximate size of original skin cutout. Exact match of cutout
will be made in step (6).
(3) Match drill doubler (5) to airframe using existing rivet holes (6).
(4) Match drill two 0.375 INCH drain holes (7) in doubler (5).
(5) Drill 17 new holes (8) in doubler (5) and airframe (2).
(a) Drill nine holes with ten equal spaces at forward edge of doubler.
(b) Drill eight holes with nine equal spaces at aft edge of doubler.
(6) Match original cutout in skin on doubler (5) using a one INCH radius, five places.
(7) Enlarge airframe skin cutout to stringer 8 (9) using one INCH radius, two places.
TO MATCH ORIGINAL
SKIN CUTOUT, (1.00 R 5 PL)
ENLARGE SKIN CUTOUT
TO STRINGER, (1.00 R 2 PL)
VIEW LOOKING UP
GO TO NEXT PAGE