2.107B. VERTICAL STABILIZER SPAR BOX ANGLE BRACKET REMOVAL/INSTALLATION continued
a. Pre-fit bracket (1) to ensure flat surface exists
over the entire area to be bonded.
One layer of cloth is desirable to provide
a minimum adhesive line thickness.
Where necessary to compensate for geo-
metric mismatches, two or more plies of
cloth may be used to a maximum of 0.040
INCH bond line.
(1) Determine number of layers of cloth required.
(2) Cut to dimensions required to cover area to
eliminate mismatch. Use cloth (item 57,
b. Bond bracket (1) to vertical stabilizer spar box
(1) Apply an even coat of adhesive to both mat-
ing surfaces. Use adhesive (item 3A,
App F)and Depressor (item 70, App F).
(2) Position cloth and bracket to bond area and
(3) Wipe away as much excess as possible to
make final clean-up easier. Use cloth
(item 52, App F) and adhesive (item 3A,
(4) After curing is complete, the excess adhesive
can be removed by lightly sanding with cloth.
Use cloth (item 48, App F).
c. Touchup finish TM 55-1500-345-23. Use
sealing compound (item 158A, App F).
d. Inspect (QA).
e. Install horizontal stabilator (para 2.113).
END OF TASK