2.114B. HORIZONTAL STABILATOR PIVOT BEARING REMOVAL/INSTALLATION (AVIM) - continued
This task is typical for both horizontal stabilator
Mark position and remove Horizontal Stabilator Position Sensor bracket attached to the
stabilator (2). (Ref TM 1-1500-204-23).
Remove Pivot Bearing.
(1) Remove bearing roll-stake ring using cutter.
(2) Install alignment bushing into center of bearing (1) and install the bearing press over the outboard side of the
bearing (1). Use Horizontal Stabilator Bearing Removal/Installation Kit (Item 176A, App B).
(3) Install bolt through bearing press and alignment bushing in bearing (1).
(4) Install bearing receiver on inboard side of bearing (1) and through bolt.
(5) Install washer and nut on bolt. Tighten nut until slight pressure is applied to bearing receiver.
(6) Check alignment of receiver over the bearing (1) and tighten nut. Continue tightening until bearing is pressed
out of pivot fitting assembly (3).
Considerable torque must be applied to the nut to break
free the bearing roll-stake.
(7) Remove nut, washer, bearing receiver, alignment bushing, bearing press, and bolt.
Clean Removed and attaching parts (paragraph 1.47).
Axial marks in the bearing hole are normal
from pressing out old bearing.