HORIZONTAL STABILATOR DEBRIS COVER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION continued
b. Install new debris cover (1) on horizontal sta-
(1) Place cover (1) in position on the stabilator
(2) Fold back from upper surface (short section)
and remove the poly liner strip to expose
adhesive at the stabilator leading edge (2).
(3) Apply the cover (1) to the leading edge.
(4) Working aft, first on the upper, then the lower
stabilator surfaces, remove the remaining
poly liner strip.
(5) Squeegee or roll out the trapped air as you go
being careful not to stretch the cover (1).
(6) Ensure edges of cover (1) are securely
c. Clean excess adhesive from around cover (1)
d. Remove masking tape.
e. Install access panel L548 or R548 (para 2.2).
f. Allow installation to cure 24 HOURS.
g. Touch up paint (TM 55-1500-345-23).
h. Inspect (QA).
END OF TASK