PILOT/CPG CANTED BULKHEAD SEAT FITTING BEARING REPLACEMENT continued
Do not allow sealing compound or primer
to enter bearing races or bearing contam-
ination will result.
a. Install new bearing (1) in seat fitting (2).
(1) Apply primer to mating surfaces of bearing (1)
and seat fitting (2). Let primer air dry 30 MIN-
UTES. Use sealing compound primer
(item 146, App F).
(2) Apply a coat of sealing compound to mating
surfaces of bearing (1) and seat fitting (2).
Use sealing compound (item 175, App F).
After press-fit installation, the bearing
shall not dislodge from housing when
pressed with finger.
(3) Aline bearing (1) carefully with seat fitting (2).
Press bearing (1) into seat fitting (2) applying
pressure to bearing (1) outer race only
(TM 55-1500-322-24). Ensure outer surfaces
are flush. Use C clamp.
(4) Wipe off excess sealing compound.
(5) Apply a fillet of sealing compound between
faying edge of bearing (1) outer race and seat
fitting (2), approximately 0.040 INCH wide.
Remove excess sealing compound. Use
sealing compound (item 175, App F) and
brush (item 34, App F).
GO TO NEXT PAGE