MAIN LANDING GEAR WHEEL AND TIRE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION continued
To prevent damage to wheel bearings,
tighten axle nut until a slight drag is felt.
(8) While rotating wheel, tighten axle nut (1) until
a slight drag in bearings can be felt. Use
(9) Back off axle nut (1) one complete turn.
(10) While rotating wheel (2), retighten axle nut (1)
until a slight drag in bearings can be felt.
(11) Rotate wheel (2). Check for smooth rotation.
(12) Shake wheel (2). Check that all free play in
bearings and axle (3) is removed. Repeat
steps a.(8) thru a.(12) to remove free play.
(13) Back off axle nut (1) sufficiently to aline long
b. Install long screw (4) and washer (6) in axle
c. Install short screw (5) and washer (6) in axle
d. Lockwire screws (4) and (5) together. Use wire
(item 224, App F).
e. Inflate tire to 105 5 psi. Use nitrogen truck and
f. Inspect (QA).
g. Remove main landing gear jack (para 1.67).
END OF TASK