ENGINE INSPECTION continued
d. Check for fuel or oil leaks. None allowed.
e. Check for loose, broken, or missing nuts and bolts. None allowed.
f. Check quick-release pins in hydromechanical unit (HMU) and anti-ice and start valve linkage for proper
engagement (TM 55-2840-248-23).
g. Check fuel and oil filters for indication of impending bypass. If impending bypass button is popped,
replace filter (TM 55-2840-248-23).
h. Check engine mounts for cracks and voids. None allowed.
i. Check engines and attaching hardware for corrosion (para 1.49).
j. Check engine mount bearings (TM 55-1500-322-24).
(1) Axial play. Not applicable.
(2) Radial play 0.0035 INCH max.
k. Refer to TM 55-2840-248-23 for repair limits on engine components.
l. Check electrical connectors for corroded, bent, broken, loose, or missing pins. Check wire harnesses
for chafing and loose mounting (TM 55-1500-323-24).
m. Check access panels (para 2.2).
n. Check engine turbine case for cracks, and loose or broken third stage nozzle bolts
o. Engine air inlet and seal inspection.
(1) Dents within 1.0 INCH of the leading edge of the inlet, local dents not deviating from contour more than
0.020 INCH and less than 1.50 SQUARE-INCHES are acceptable. Areas further than 1.0 INCH from the
leading edge of the inlet having local dents not deviating 0.030 INCH from contour and less than 0.50
SQUARE-INCHES are acceptable.
(2) Rubber Seal. Rips or tears less than 0.25 INCH in length and no closer than 2.0 INCHES apart, and no
material missing are acceptable.
(3) Bulkhead. All cracks must be repaired (TM 1-1500-204-23). Dents less than 0.30 INCH in depth and less
than 0.50 SQUARE-INCHES are acceptable.
GO TO NEXT PAGE