NO. 2 ENGINE AIR STARTER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION continued
(3) Check for looseness. None allowed.
(4) Check for corrosion. Maximum depth allow-
able 0.003 INCH (para 1.49).
(5) Check output spline for wear.
(a) Place two 0.0960 INCH diameter pins
180 degrees apart on spline.
(b) Measure outside diameter over two pins,
diameter shall be between 0.7347 and
0.7365 INCH. Replace (para 4.82A). Use
(6) Check output shaft spline for bare metal
spots in dry film lubricant. None allowed.
(7) Check for distortion. None allowed.
g. Check starter for evidence of leaking. None
h. Check starter for loose, damaged, or missing
hardware. None allowed.
i. Check starter housing for dents or cracks.
j. Check mount flanges for scoring or deforma-
tion. None allowed.
k. Check connector for damaged, bent, or bro-
ken pins. None allowed.
l. Check identification plate for legibility, de-
formation, and security of attachment to
a. Install new packings (7) and (8) on starter (1).
(1) Lubricate new packings (7) and (8). Use
petrolatum (item 138, App F).
(2) Install packing (7) on starter shaft (9).
(3) Install packing (8) on starter flange (10).
GO TO NEXT PAGE