NO. 1 AND NO. 2 ENGINE CENTER SECONDARY NOZZLE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION continued
Fuel deposits on nozzles may be tox-
ic. Use care to prevent cuts from fins
and flanges. If injury occurs, flush
skin with water and seek medical aid.
c. Remove nozzle (4).
(1) Remove lockwire from bolt (9).
(2) Remove bolt (9) and washer (10) from strut
(11) and nozzle (4).
(3) Slide nozzle (4) aft from support (12) and
(4) Remove shims (13) (if installed).
a. Clean removed and attaching parts or sur-
faces (para 1.47).
a. Check aft face of support for cracks; loose,
bent, or missing pins; and torn or cracked
gasket. None allowed.
b. Check nozzle mounting area on strut for
cracks, bending, and loose or missing
spacers. None allowed.
c. Check support, strut, and nozzle support
bushings for corrosion (para 1.49).
d. Check forward inlet portion of nozzle for
(1) Cracks or holes no longer than 2.0 INCHES
and limited to 1.0 INCH either side of weld
bead may be repaired (para 4.134).
e. Check nozzle support bushings for cracks,
pitting, wear, or loose rivets. None allowed.
f. Check nozzle assembly for chipped paint.
(1) Touch up bare spots as required. Use epoxy
primer coating (item 77, App F) and
polyurethane coating (item 140, App F)
GO TO NEXT PAGE