MAIN ROTOR INSPECTION continued
d. Check pitch housing (9) for serviceability.
(1) Check pitch housing (9) for loose attachment to feathering bearing housing (5). None allowed.
(2) Check inside of pitch housing (9) for foreign matter.
Gap is allowed only at the upper left-hand bolt of pitch housing and feathering bearing housing where
bushing is installed.
e. Inspect gap between striker strip (9.1) and feathering bearing housing (5). Gap shall be 0.040 INCH
Do not damage adjacent laminate or abrasion strip.
Any other trimming of the teflon cloth strips is not authorized.
Ensure that the collective control stick and the cyclic control stick are in the neutral position. Ensure
that the swashplate is level/centered with respect to the aircraft.
f. Inspect strap pack (10) for serviceability.
(1) Check accessible portions of strap pack (10) for cracked, buckled, broken, or horizontally displaced
laminates. Use mirror, flashlight, and depressor (item 70, App F). Perform borescope inspection (para
(a) A failed top or bottom laminate of the strap pack assembly (10) may be repaired (para 5.36).
This repair is not allowed for laminate failures under the outboard or inboard shoes. The repair limits
are defined in (para 5.36). Upon detection of any other discrepant laminate, the strap pack assembly
(b) Any cracked, buckled, broken, or horizontally displaced laminate is considered discrepant. Maximum
allowable displacement is 0.020 INCH or, a change in displacement exceeding 0.010 INCH between
(c) If one laminate, other than a previously trimmed top or bottom laminate, is discrepant the strap pack
(10) is unserviceable, but a one time flight to an adequate AH-64 maintenance facility is authorized.
This flight shall not exceed two hours.
(d) If two laminates, other than a previously trimmed top or bottom laminate, are discrepant, the strap pack
(10) is unserviceable and no flights are authorized.
GO TO NEXT PAGE