MAIN ROTOR BLADE REMOVAL continued
If hoisted components are allowed to
fall, personnel can suffer injury or
death. Keep away from component
mounting surfaces and loaded crane
boom. If injury occurs, seek medical
Do not lift main rotor blade. Damage to
blade and main rotor head can occur.
Locking spherical bearing on sling allows
main rotor blade position adjustment 15
degrees in any direction to ensure proper
j. Adjust position of sling (11) for blade removal.
(1) Hold torque handle (18). Move clamp handle
(19) counterclockwise to release bearing.
(2) Take up slack in sling (11), but do not lift blade
(3) Hold torque handle (18). Move clamp handle
(19) clockwise to lock bearing.
GO TO NEXT PAGE